By Dan Blair, a marriage counselor and family counselor.
Here are some questions that will have to be answered not by the mediator, but by the parents in the best interest of their children:
1. What is in the best interest of the child when determining custody?
2. Will child care be needed?
3. What religion will be modeled for the child?
4. How will parenting time be divided in the best interest of the child?
5. How will holidays, vacations, and other special days be divided?
6. Where will the parents live?
7. How much child support is in the children’s best interest?
8. How will school fees and extracurricular activities be paid?
9. What about saving for college?
10. How will medical bills be paid?