Blair Counseling and Mediation
We like, value and care for our clients. We want to communicate understanding and compassion. We need to work on your goals, not ours. Most importantly, we must get feedback regarding the client’s experience of the alliance and progress.
According to the most thorough reviews of the empirical literature, the most reliable predictor of successful counseling is not technique or the counselor; it is the quality of alliance between client and counselor. Better alliances result in better outcomes when working with individuals, couples and families, children and adolescents, and mandated/involuntary clients.
We also like to use humor where appropriate. Researchers in the healthcare field have also established connections between humor and physical and mental health. Humor changes brain chemistry. It increases antibodies and blood flow and decreases stress hormones and inflammation. Humor is also about creating an optimal climate for maximizing the benefit of treatment. It boosts memory and creativity, helps release fears, anger and stress and supports acceptance of mistakes and situations out of our control.
- Blair Counseling and Mediation works to provide tools to all ages that can be used to save marriages, relationships, manage depression or anxiety, and help children with behavioral concerns. We work with ADHD, autism, trauma and grief.
- We are certified to complete anger evaluations and anger management sessions for court.
- We provide a respectful and understanding approach to addiction.
- Our mediators aim to bring peace to marriages, families, divorces, and any other dispute.
- In addition to marriage and family mediation, we can provide divorce mediation, co-parenting counseling, reunification therapy, supervised visitation and parenting coordination.
- Christian, Spanish, and premarital counselors are also available.
- We also offer clinical supervision and underscore the importance of maintaining professional boundaries.
- Blair Counseling uses training in evidence-based practices from Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Gottman Couples Therapy and others to achieve a desirable outcome.
Would counseling or mediation help? Call us at (815) 276-3947.
Let us know your situation and what you are looking for!
Most Insurance and Employee Assistance Programs Accepted at Blair Counseling
We have in-network clinicians available for most insurance and employee assistance programs. Blair Counseling and Mediation will bill your insurance company or employee assistance program as a courtesy, if you wish.